Available Bids, Quotes and Proposals
Town of Scituate MA
Persimmon Drive and Hickory Lane roadway improvements
Invitation to Bid - PDF
Pine View Drive and Pine View Circle Roadway Improvements
Inivitation to Bid - PDF
Town of Scituate
Website Design and Hosting Services
Request for Quotes
The Town of Scituate, MA acting through its Chief Procurement Officer, seeks quotes from qualified firms for the design and hosting of its municipal website and sub sites for various town departments. The Town reserves the right to reject any and all quotes or waive minor omissions if it is in the best interest of the Town to do so. To be fully considered quotes must be received in the Office of the Town Administrator, no later than 10:00 a.m. EST on Friday, May 17, 2013 at which time they will be publicly opened and read aloud. All materials must be in a sealed envelope clearly marked” Quote for Scituate Town Website” in the left-hand corner and addressed to: Town Administrator’s Office, 600 Chief Justice Cushing Highway, Scituate, MA 02066. For a copy of the specifications please go to www.scituate.ma.us or call 781-545-8741.
Web Services RFQ - PDF
QUESTIONS ON WEBSITE DESIGN AND HOSTING RFP:
- The current website links to UniPay Gold for all online transactions, will the new site continue to link to this for payment functionality or will the selected vendor be tasked with developing this?
THE UNIBANK SITE IS INDEPEDNENT OF OUR DESIGN. IT WOULD OPEN INTO ANOTHER WINDOWS/TAB OR BE FRAMED WITHIN OUR SITE, FRAMING IT IN OUR SITE IS PREFERRED TO INSURE THAT ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH PAYMENT LOOKS AS MUCH LIKE OUR SITE AS POSSIBLE.
- The current site links out to ActiveNet for recreation registration, will the new site continue to link out for this functionality or will the vendor be tasked with developing a registration system?
SEE ANSWER ABOVE
- Are there any third party systems, internal databases, etc. that will be required to integrate with the website for the purpose of sending/receiving information?
NOT CURRENTLY BUT THE SITE SHOULD HAVE FLEXIBILITY TO DO SO IF NEEDED IN THE FUTURE AT NO ADDITIONAL COST.
- Has the Town identified a budget for this project? We work with a wide array of clients, and many fall within far different budget ranges. Any insight the Town is capable of sharing here would be appreciated.
WE HAVE IDENTIFIED A BUDGET
- Does the Town have a preferred Content Management System (CMS)? WE HAVE NO PREFERRED CMS AT THIS TIME
- Built in Approval Workflow.
It would be helpful to have more information on what type of approval process you want. Do you want certain users to only be able to edit and not publish changes that must be reviewed by a supervisor or something else? It would be helpful to know more about how this might work.
The workflow would be administered by a designated user(s),. It must have the flexibility to change as our processes change. The “site administrator” would be responsible for approval of all postings that are created by a designated sub site administrator(s). The process would be that the sub site administrator would create content then submit the content via a “submit for approval button” then the site administrator receives an alert and receives the content and approved the content for publishing.
- Calendar integration with MS Outlook.
Do you mean that people can download files from the calendar to import into their MS Outlook or do you want some other sort of integration? Not sure exactly what you mean here.
The various online calendars that we want to maintain can be downloaded to the users MS Outlook client and the calendar that we use will integrate with our exchange server so we can publish calendar items to the website from an Exchange account and possibly accept invitations for meetings.
Would the subsites need to be managed in the CMS? This would mean we would have to convert them over to the CMS. I assume they would have their own design(s) and domain names (police/fire)?
Subsites would be managed by the CMS. The would have pointers from their old domain names to the new subsite (e.g. www.scituatema.gov/fire)
- Social Media Integration.
It would be helpful to know more about what you mean with this requirement. How do you envision this working?
If a user has a device with social media applications installed and logged in then they can “like” for Facebook, or “follow” for twitter with one click.
- Project Timeframe.
Not sure what the desired time frame for completion is. I assume it is part of my job making the proposal is to include a project timeline
Yes. We expect no longer than 8-12 weeks.
Town of Scituate
Actuarial Valuation of Post-Employment Benefits (OPEB)
Request for Proposals
The Town of Scituate, MA, acting through its Chief Procurement Officer, invites qualified actuarial firms to submit written fixed fee proposals to conduct actuarial valuations of post-employment benefits obligations provided by the Town to existing and future retirees in accordance with the Other Post-Employment Benefits (OPEB) pronouncements of the Governmental Accounting Standards Board. (GASB). Qualified actuaries are encouraged to respond to this request for actuarial consulting services. It is the Town’s intent to award a contract to the respondent with the lowest price proposal deemed to be responsive and responsible. The Town reserves the right to reject any and all quotes or waive minor omissions if it is in the best interest of the Town to do so. To be fully considered, proposals must be received by Friday, May 24 at 10:30 a.m. at which time they will be opened and logged. For a copy of the specifications please go to www.scituate.ma.us or call 781-545-8741.
OPEB RFP - PDF
QUESTIONS ON OPEB BID
- What is the number of current permanent employees (20+ hours per week) at the Town?
Approximately 221 non-school, 825 total town and school
- What is the number of current retirees receiving retiree health coverage?
- Regarding the “optional quote” for an estimated annual incremental cost, are you talking about an GASB #45 estimate to be used for the 2013/2014 interim year, based on the data provided for the 2012/2013 “FULL” valuation?
(Or are you asking for something else?)THE TOWN SEEKS AN ESTIMATE AS TO WHAT THE AVERAGE ANNUAL COST FOR A GROUP 1 EMPLOYEE AND A GROUP 4 EMPLOYEE WILL BE BASED ON THE UPDATED DATA ANALYSIS
- What does the reference to Group 1 and Group 4 mean? (i.e., will the 2012/2013 data simply contain identification of employees into Group 1 and Group 4, and that you will want the 2013/2014 interim work for them?)
- If readily available, could you please provide a) a copy of the most recent GASB #45/OPEB actuarial valuation report and b) a copy of the FYE 2012 financial statement “Note” relating to OPEB.
THIS REPORT IS NOT READILY AVAILABLE
Posted March 26, 2013
REQUEST FOR SERVICES
OWNER’S PROJECT MANAGER SERVICES
PUBLIC SAFETY COMPLEX DESIGN, ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION -PDF
APRIL 8. 2013 ADDENDUM - PDF
Posted January 14, 2013
RFP - Engineering Serices - Scituate Town Pier Rehabilitation - PDF