|Home | About Scituate | Town Hall | Calendar|
Printer Friendly Layout
News/Events - Meeting Minutes
Advisory Committee, November 28, 2006
NOVEMBER 28, 2006
MEMBERS PRESENT: Tony Vegnani, Chairman; Kathy Donahue, Vice Chairman; Constantine Constantinides; Peter Detwiler; Paul Lemieux; Richard Cook; Bob DeLorenzo; Lisa Fenton. ALSO PRESENT: Joe Norton, Board of Selectmen; Rick Agnew, Town Administrator.
1. CALL TO ORDER. Chairman Tony Vegnani called the meeting to order at 7:45 P.M. at Scituate Town Hall.
2. ACCEPTANCE OF AGENDA. On a MOTION by Mr. Constantinides, SECONDED by Mr. Lemieux, the agenda was accepted as written by unanimous vote (8-0).
Mr. Vegnani said that the eveningís meeting would include assigning liaisons to the various departments and an overview of the budget. He also said that the committee is still one member short. Liaison assignments to committees and boards: Board of Selectmen: Mr. Vegnani; School Committee: Mr. Vegnani, Mr. Cook; Capital Planning: Mr. Constantinides; Forecasting: Mr. DeLorenzo; Waterways: Mr. Detwiler; Planning: Mr. Lemieux; Street Acceptance: (Ms. Fenton or new member tbc); CPC: Ms. Donahue, Ms. Fenton; CoA: Ms. Fenton; Municipal Building Committee: Ms. Donahue.
Liaison assignments to departments: General Government: Mr. Vegnani; Schools: Mr. Vegnani, Mr. Cook; DPW: Ms. Donahue; Public Services; Ms. Fenton; Human Services: Ms. Fenton; Recreation: Mr. DeLorenzo; Debt: Mr. Cook; Employee Benefits: Mr. Detwiler; Enterprise Funds: Sewer: (Mr. Lemieux); Golf Course: Mr. Lemieux; Transfer Station: Ms. Donahue; Waterways: Mr. Detwiler; Water: Ms. Donahue; Capital Plan: Mr. Constantinides, Mr. Lemieux.
3. FINANCIAL OVERVIEW FY08. Mr. Agnew gave the financial overview with preliminary estimates for FY08.
4. BUDGET OVERVIEW. Budgets circulated so far donít include Town Clerk, Board of Health, Waterways, DPW, Police, Fire, Debt and Interest.
Ms. Donahue asked if Town Meeting could be held later in the Spring; Mr. Agnew said that this could be done with a special act of the Legislature, this would not necessitate opening up the charter. He said an article would need to be in the warrant, to file a bill with the legislature, and a date would have to be proposed. He said the warrant will close on December 19. Mr. Vegnani proposed sending the Selectmen an email suggesting Town Meeting be changed in the future to the first Saturday in April. He also said that he thought the Schools would have better information with an extra month.
Regarding deadlines, Mr. Vegnani said that the Advisory book will have to be ready two weeks before the meeting, which will be held on March 3. February 1 will be the deadline for the book to be ready for proofreading; it will have to go to the printer the following week.
5. OLD BUSINESS. There was no old business at this time.
6. NEW BUSINESS. Mr. Vegnani went over the meeting schedule. Meetings will be held on Thursday nights at 7 at the Library. No meeting 12/28. Eight meetings; first meeting 12/7. Mr. Vegnani said he has suggested again to the Selectmen that Advisory review the budgets first.
7. ADJOURNMENT: On a MOTION by Ms. Donahue, SECONDED by Ms. Fenton, with all voting in favor of the motion, the meeting was adjourned at 8:59 P.M..
|Scituate Town Hall—600 Chief Justice Cushing Highway, Scituate, Massachusetts 02066 - email@example.com|