|Home | About Scituate | Town Hall | Calendar|
Printer Friendly Layout
News/Events - Meeting Minutes
Board of Health, June 20, 2011
TOWN OF SCITUATE MASSACHUSETTS
Board of Health
The Scituate Board of Health held a hearing on Monday, June 20, 2011 at the Scituate Town Hall located at 600 CJC Highway. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m.
Motion by Frank Lynch to approve Agenda and meeting minutes of June 21, 2010 and May 16, 2011, seconded and approved unanimously.
7:15 p.m. 39 Seaview Avenue/Mahoney/Pool Complaint
Homeowner has dismantled the above-ground pool prior to this meeting with the Board. No further action is required.
Vote Election of Officers
Postponed until our next meeting on July 11, 2011. Full board membership not present.
1. Village at South River Marine Facilities. Look at accessibility of toilet facilities at the Marina. Schedule a combined meeting with the Harbormaster and Conservation to come up with a suitable solution to address this situation.
2. Proposed Sewer Division and Grease Trap Regulations. Members given handout to read and discuss. Town needs to establish a uniform maintenance and monitoring requirement for controlling the discharge of grease from restaurants and other facilities discharging into the town’s wastewater collection system. Further discussion with Director Sullivan, Al Bangert DPW, and Rob Rowland of the Sewer Division will take place soon. Board to discuss further at next meeting.
3. Establish tobacco compliance checks. What will the cost be? Establish a fee for the merchants to pay for these compliance checks. Set up the funding through a revolving account much like our food inspection and perc witnessing program(s), and schedule the compliance checks on a quarterly basis. To be discussed again at a later meeting.
4. Hoarding Policy. A definitive strategy is needed. Individuals in need of medical evaluation(s) by a professional, not just on the Director. Director to contact South Shore Mental Health for their assistance. She will report her findings at another upcoming meeting.
5. Create a healthy Scituate campaign. Include programs for seniors, children, and restaurants wanting to create healthy meals weekly or just one healthy food. Director Sullivan to follow-up with material suitable for town website. Director requested the Boards input. Will follow-up with responses from board at an upcoming meeting.
6. Policy on Temporary Repair until Town Sewer. Create quick repair, rather than full Title 5 compliance. The need to retain the proper soil evaluations would still be required. Requires further investigation and caution as this could create precedence to by-pass a full Title 5 report.
Enforcement on 172 Glades Road. Mr. Burek has filed an appeal in Superior Court. The judge has denied Mr. Burek the right to impose a temporary restraining order. There is no septic system operable on the property. Mr. Lynch will contact Town Counsel Atty. Brandon before our next meeting. Director will contact Atty. Nagle before building begins. Motion by Mr. Lynch to defer further discussion until our next meeting, seconded and approved unanimously.
Motion by Frank Lynch to adjourn meeting at 8:30 p.m., seconded and approved unanimously.
|Scituate Town Hall—600 Chief Justice Cushing Highway, Scituate, Massachusetts 02066 - email@example.com|