Commission on Disabilities
The Commission on Disabilities strives to cause the full integration and participation of people with disabilities in the Town of Scituate. The role of the Commission on Disabilities is to:
- research local problems of people with disabilities;
- advise and assist municipal officials and employees in ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations that affect people with disabilities;
- coordinate or carry out programs designed to meet the problems of people with disabilities in coordination with programs of the Massachusetts Office on Disability;
- review and make recommendations about policies, procedures, services, activities and facilities of departments, boards and agencies of the Town of Scituate as they affect people with disabilities;
- provide information, referrals, guidance and technical assistance to individuals, public agencies, businesses and organizations in all matters pertaining to disability; and to
- coordinate activities of other local groups organized for similar purposes.
Town residents and visitors are encouraged to contact the Commission of Disabilities with concerns or questions concerning access and accommodations for persons with disabilities.
Helpful Links to State and Federal Resources for Persons With Disabilities
The Massachusetts Office on Disability
The Massachusetts Architectural Access Board
Department of Justice ADA Homepage