Scituate Harbor Community Building Home Page
We regret that we are no longer accepting applications for private use.
The Scituate Harbor Community Building is available for meeting space for Town Departments, Boards Committees and Commissions.
Please read the building use request form document in its entirety. Fill out the request form completely.
- One month notice is appreciated
- Fill out completely
- Email to email@example.com
- We regret that we are no longer accepting applications for private use.
Scituate Harbor Community Building Request Form updated 4/9/2012 - PDF
SCITUATE HARBOR COMMUNITY BUILDING USE POLICY
- If there will be any type of food served, applications for food and catering permits can be found on www.town.scituate.ma.us under the Board of Health page.
- Any tents or other structures that may be needed for your meeting would have to be approved by the Town Administrator on a case by case basis.
- Key must be obtained at Scituate Police Department and signed out by responsible party.
- Failure to return key within 24 after meeting will result in denial of future use.
- Users are responsible for setting up and returning space as found.
- All trash must be removed and carpets vacuumed at the conclusion of the meeting.
- Tables and chairs are to be neatly arranged before leaving.
- Smoking is not allowed on the property.
- Entry into former kitchen, second floor and closed off spaces is prohibited.
There are three meeting rooms available in the Scituate Harbor Community Building located at 44 Jericho Road. Any meeting should not be later than 11:30 pm. The facility is well lit and has a nice view of the Harbor. The size of each space is:
- South (or Main) Room – 1,100 square feet
- Middle Room – 400 square feet
- North Room – 1,400 square feet
The Community Buildings is equipped with 10 tables and 50 chairs. HP accessible restrooms are located at the north end of the meeting rooms. There are no kitchen facilities. There are 68 Parking spaces available in the parking lot, if more parking is needed requesters may want to contact the area businesses for additional parking arrangement.
- The key unlocks the double doors in front. No other entrances or exits in the building are to be used except in the case of an emergency. No doors are to be propped open.
- The lighting panel is located on the right hand wall behind the hostess desk in the lobby.
CLOSING AND SECURING THE BUILDING
- Arrange all tables and chairs in an orderly arrangement.
Vacuum the carpets and remove all trash.
- Extinguish interior lights (security lighting in front entry will remain lit.)
- Ensure that all exit doors are securely closed before securely locking the front door.